Thursday 10 June 2010

CDAA Workshop: 25. "The One Thing Holding You Back" Raphael Cushnir

(This post forms part of a series of powerpoint slides from a presentation I gave at the Career Development Association of Australia Conference 2010 entitled: The Roller-coaster Ride from Permanent Part-time Employee to Private Practitioner.)


I heard Raphael Cushnir interviewed on the radio one morning. He was inspirational. I think the title of the book says it all really.

I invited the workshop participants to reflect on what is holding them back from pursuing their dreams. It would have been good to have allowed more time for this, as it struck a cord with many people. Sharing could be empowering, and it's often reassuring to know you aren't alone when it comes to obstacles to change.

After some months I was able to borrow the book from the library - it was certainly in heavy demand, and lived up to my expectations. Cushnir uses skills related to Mindfullness Meditation and invites readers to work with the ideas to the best of their ability. It'd be worth buying to work through the exercises in an unhurried way.


.

No comments: