Tuesday 27 April 2010

CDAA Workshop: 1. The roller-coaster ride from permanaent part time work to private practitioner - a work in progress

(This post forms part of a series of powerpoint slides from a presentation I gave at the Career Development Association of Australia Conference 2010 entitled: The Roller-coaster Ride from Permanent Part-time Employee to Private Practitioner.)


This title slide encapsulates the theme of the workshop I presented at the CDAA conference in Adelaide, April 2010.

The idea was not to present myself as having comprehensive knowledge of small business management, (I don't) but to invite colleagues to learn from the pitfalls I'd experienced, and hopefully inspire some to "give it a go". 


Participants were encouraged to explore their motivation to become a private provider, and encouraged to ask questions and jot down ideas throughout.

What follows is an overview of my journey, a look at the resources I've come across, and a celebration of change, uncertainty and a values driven decision. It is a personal exploration of the highs and lows I've experienced since attending my first workshop on Private Practice Development in 2004 (or thereabouts).


The photo was taken at Luna Park in St Kilda.



No comments: